How to Make Embroidery Hoop Artwork

Embroidery Hoop

How to make an Embroidery Hoop Art Wall

~ I love fabric! ~

I have lots of fabric remnants.
I also have this big, blank wall
in our newly painted guest bedroom. Hmmm…
So I bought a few large wooden hoops at Hobby Lobby
added some fabric & hung them on the wall
I am liking it!
So I start looking for lots of wooden hoops on ebay
I purchased thirty hoops for $15
and added fabric I already had to the hoops

I tried not to worry a lot about fabric placement
or what part of the fabric looked best
{as with all my projects I recommend wine if you are anal and tend to over think things}
If you like the fabric, DON’T WORRY about it matching!
Next I trimmed all the extra fabric
and began placing the hoops on the wall
{you will most definitely need some wine for this part}
I rotated sides and added a few hoops on the left and then a few on the right. I used very small nails.
Try your best NOT to over think it.

some of my hoops touch. some don’t.

~ the finished product ~

~ my constant companion ~

~ my Pearl ~
{in her brothers old pajamas ~ because that is what happens when you are
the third baby, first girl}

What do you do with fabric remnants?

I love how colorful this is! What a great idea.
    Our third child is a boy, after two girls, he rocks a lot of pink :)

Really, really cute idea. I love your combination of fabrics and colors! What fun! Would you believe that back in the 70’s we were filling those centers with fabric GEESE and then surrounding the outside of the hoop/frame with eyelet? yeah…that was the 70’s. Your idea is MUCHO better! xo Diana

Actually, I love your fabrics and this idea! Who’d have thunk it would work out so beautifully. Really makes the whole wall just POP. Now I know what to do with all that fabric I have laying around…

I love this! It’s so bright and colorful, but so simple! I don’t know if I would ever be able to decide which fabrics to use! Love yours!

I have tons of leftover fabric that I could use…if only I had walls. LOL And I totally got the big brother hand-me-down jammies thing. I also had a girl after two boys.

that’s completely adorable :) wonderful idea and such a beautiful collection of fabric pieces – perfect way to upcycle them!

I’m in love with this! All the fabrics are so happy looking together! I’ve pinned it for future inspiration. :)

~Steph @ Silver Boxes

P.S. I’m your newest follower.

These are precious! Such great vintage appeal, but even my contemporary teen loves it. Thanks for the ebay tip, we just looked at these at JoAnn Fabrics yesterday and they are $6 each. Love it!
    Cheers, Andrea

Holy moly! Totally in love with this :) It makes me so incredibly happy to look at your new fabric wall that I want one for myself

This totally makes my fabric loving heart happy! So pretty! I have been wanting to do the same thing but I am so weird about hoarding my fabric. Why oh why do i not just display it because I love it so much???? Just lovely!

Wonderful! We did this for my daughters dorm room this year and it was a huge hit with all the college girls!

I spy some Heather Bailey fabric! I love all of her prints but haven’t pulled the trigger on buying any yet. All of your fabrics are lovely, though!

i LOVE THIS. i’m gonna say it again, i love it so much. I LOVE THIS. i also love your fabric stash! such great prints! i really want to make one of these now! thanks for the tutorial. if you feel like partying, stop by my blog!

New follower here! Wow, this is so high impact! I love the patterns and colors and how they work together.

I love it! I love the different patterns and colors–there is something about them all that just makes you want to smile…which I’m guessing was the point! :)

This is wonderful! Some fabric is so pretty all on it’s own, I love this idea for showing it off!

I love this! The wall looks great and now there is such a personal touch in the room! I could stare at this for hours!

I never know what to do with my remnants. I usually save all the salvage for a friend who make stuff out of that. This is pretty brilliant! I want this on my wall.