How to make a Valentine Ornament Wreath

Valentine Ornament Wreath DIY

A Valentine Ornament Wreath is a great way to keep beautiful ornaments amount for months!  You can make a wreath for Valentine’s Day with clearance Christmas Ornaments.

valentine heart ornament wreath from mommy is coocoo
I am so excited to show you my Valentine Ornament Wreath  Video Tutorial!
Pin Itvalentine heart ornament wreath from mommy is coocoo
valentine heart ornament wreath from mommy is coocoo

Valentine Ornament Wreath

Did you go out and buy a bunch of ornaments at 50% off after ChristmasI hope so because there is no need to wait until next year to have some more ornament loveliness in your home!

valentine heart ornament wreath from mommy is coocoo

How to make a Valentine Ornament Wreath Video

How to make a Valentine Ornament Wreath

Here is what you need:
    1. a glass of wine (if you are anal and will worry about bulb placement)
    2. Styrofoam Heart Wreath (DON’T buy floral foam)
    3. glue sticks and a glue gun
    4. Red Decorator Spray Paint (to color the foam wreath). I used red. Use whatever color you like best.
    5. about 50 different size Valentine color ornaments).
    6. Spray Glitter (or body glitter left over from Halloween).
    7. a small piece of ribbon to hang your wreath
Spray paint your foam wreath. You can use whatever color you like but keep in mind some paint will show between your bulbs.
valentine heart ornament wreath from mommy is coocoo
my larger bulbs
valentine heart ornament wreath from mommy is coocoo
my smaller bulbs
valentine heart ornament wreath from mommy is coocoo
* small bulbs are essential to fill in the gaps
Now, it is pretty similar to the Christmas Ornament Wreath Tutorial. Place your bulbs on the inside of the heart wreath. (Don’t use your favorite bulbs on this part a lot of these bulbs will be covered up.) After you have placed your bulbs, use your glue gun to secure them in place. You will glue each bulb to the wreath AND, to the next bulb in place.

Repeat this process for the outside of the wreath. Use the same size bulbs all the way around the outside of the wreath. Use sturdier (not vintage-they break really easily) bulbs on the outside. (Again, don’t use your favorite bulbs here).

Now you are ready to start placing your favorite bulbs (I find it is best to do this in the evening while you have {at least} a glass of wine. If you are anal {me} and tend to over think things {also me} you will have a hard time figuring out where the bulbs should go). Don’t over think it! Place a few bulbs (not worrying about small gaps) and then glue them in place. You can fill in gaps with smaller bulbs at the end. When you finish placing all your bulbs weave your ribbon through, take two Tylenol and go to bed.
Finally, spray your wreath glitter. This will really make it shine!
*Store your wreath at room temperature!
 Otherwise your glue will expand/contract and the bulbs will fall off and (possibly) break.
  Happy Valentines Day!

valentine heart ornament wreath from mommy is coocoo

valentine heart ornament wreath from mommy is coocoo

What is your favorite Valentine’s Day memory?

Will you get something for your kids or, is this a grown up holiday?

Best Valentine’s gift to receive?  Chocolate? Flowers? Take the kids so I can be alone for a night?!?!?!?

I never would have thought of using Christmas ornaments on a Valentine’s Day wreath, but it’s really beautiful and doesn’t look Christmas-y at all. Thanks for sharing the tute.

Oh wow! You know I totally love it! Thanks so much for joining the party!!! … And just so you know, I overthink pretty much everything!Maybe I need more wine!

Very pretty! Love how soft and valentiney it looks. :)

That turned out great! I’m having the hardest time finding a heart-shaped wreath, but when I do, I’m doing this project. I’m your newest follower!

This is o beautiful and it doesn’t seem difficult to make at all! Who knew you could use Christmas ornaments for a Valentine’s Day craft! :)

I just made one myself but I must admit yours is way prettier than mine. And yes, I’m pretty sure I spent far too much time in OCD mode, trying to get it perfect, LOL!

Love this idea using a heart shape. Thanks for listing the ingredients in order of importance:-)

This is fabulous! The colour combinations are wonderful.

Amanda–your wreath is adorable! I love how it turned out.
    thank you for linking up and linking back to catch as catch can!
    gail
    ps catching your wreath this week!

Coming to you from BNOTP. Super cute wreath! I need to run and get some ornaments before they are all gone! Walmart just reduced theirs to 75% off. Going to try to make this wreath. Appreciate the tutorial! :)

~Newest follower!

So pretty! I was looking at the ornament wreath as I packed it up thinking I wish I could display this all year long! haha! I love it for Valentine’s Day too! I’m including a link back in this week’s highlights! ;) Thanks for sharing!

Roeshel

I’ve been collecting pictures of bulb wreaths, as well as collecting vintage bulbs, to make a Christmas tree wreath next year. I hadn’t thought of making one for other holidays; this is inspired! You pictorial makes it so easy to understand how to make a base. Will you be making one for St. Patrick’s day?! (Hint!)

Hello,
    I visited your blog today – I saw you on ‘Nana Diana’s’ blog. Your blog is so pretty, and you have alot of creative ideas. That pink heart wreath is beautiful. I think it is wonderful that you have time to blog with such a small baby. I remember those days well. Me and my daughters started a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. Your blog is so cheerful to me. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Wow! That is adorable!! I’m not sure I would have the patience to glue on all those ornaments though… lol.

I make these around Christmas but never thought to do one for Valentines. Beautiful! Penny

What a fun idea! Not this year I picked up a couple of containers of small pink bulbs. Really quite small. Thought I would use them as filler for Valentines. I did last year and they were fun. Thinking they might be cute to make a small one. Thanks for sharing this. I have been in the mood to start pulling my Valentines decor out.
    Hugs.,
    Jann

Great project, presentation and everything. Beautiful!

This is beautiful, instructions are clear. Thank you very much.

I just found your video on youtube and love your valentine wreath!! I hope I can find some pink bulbs but might be to late.What size wreath did you use?
    Thanks for the tutorial. Love it!!

I wish I had gone shopping after Christmas this year and stocked up on supplies! I guess this will be on my list for 2014! Thanks for the post!

Trackbacks