Vintage Glider Before and After

Vintage Glider from mommy is coocoo
I bought this vintage metal glider (or swing couch as Nanny calls it) when I was shopping at a crafter’s co-op.

Vintage Glider

vintage glider from mommy is coocoo
 It was a clearance item as the dealer was closing down her space and the vintage glider required a lot of tlc.
vintage glider
When Pearl wasn’t around I power washed the glider to remove all the chipping paint.  Then I spray-painted the glider red (my favorite spray-painting color).
 vintage glider
I had custom cushions made for the glider (with clearance outdoor fabric I purchased at an end of season sale last year). Then I added a couple of outdoor throw pillows from Garden Ridge.
out door furniture from mommy is coocoo
Now it’s the perfect spot to relax out by the pool and I have a one of a kind vintage piece of furniture.

Beautiful! I love it – I love that you painted it red!

good morning Amanda, You did a great job on the glider. LOVE the red. I always called it a glider but swing glider is way cooler.

Nanny may be right but even if she isn’t it looks awesome!
    Robyn :)

Totally in love with the glider redo. I saw one just like it a couple of years ago and I beat myself up mentally for not buying it. Now I am on glider watch cause I would like to have one also. Your colors are wonderful. Can’t go wrong with red. Enjoy it :)

Love it! Want it! So…if it’s a SWING couch does that make YOU a SWINGER?;>) xo Diana

Stopping by to say hi from the GFC blog hop last week. So glad to meet you! Looking forward to following your blog. Hope you are having a great start to the week!

Ooh, LOVE the red! And the cushions are perfect! Can I borrow it this weekend?

An amazing transformation, love the red and love the fabric!

wow what a transformation! Love the color you choose and of course the power of paint!

It’s fantastic! Great job and I just love the fabrics you chose too. I want one of these for my covered porch (which I will have some day- haha)

11. Paulette says

I love what you did with your glider, I have one that my father in law had on the front porch, just loved it too much to toss. Now I really want to redo it, spruce it up. Did you redo the seat cushion? I haven’t a clue on how to start that part, any suggestions?

• Amanda says

I hired someone to do my seat cushion. I used outdoor fabric and it was worth every penny. I love that glider! Good luck. Let me know how yours turns out.

12. Robin says

Love it. What a beautiful job! Red is my favorite color too

Trackbacks