Vintage Glider Before and After

Old Metal Porch Glider

I bought this vintage metal glider (or swing couch as Nanny calls it) when I was shopping at a crafter’s co-op.

Vintage Glider

It was a clearance item as the dealer was closing down her space and the vintage glider required a lot of tlc.

When Pearl wasn’t around, Mr. coocoo power washed the glider to remove all the chipping paint.  Then I spray-painted the glider red (my favorite spray-painting color).

I had custom cushions made for the glider (with clearance outdoor fabric I purchased at an end of season sale last year). Then I added a couple of outdoor throw pillows from Garden Ridge.

Now it’s the perfect spot to relax out by the pool and I have a one of a kind vintage piece of furniture.
What do you think?  Is Nanny right?
Is this actually a, “swing couch?”

*Please visit my affiliates…

I love everything from Layla Grayce
Shop at The Land of Nod for amazing kids stuff
If you are looking for wall decals visit here
Tea Collection has AWESOME clothes for women and kids

I frequently link to these great parties…

Thanks so much for getting emails from mommy is coocoo. You ROCK!

Beautiful! I love it – I love that you painted it red!

good morning Amanda, You did a great job on the glider. LOVE the red. I always called it a glider but swing glider is way cooler.

Nanny may be right but even if she isn’t it looks awesome!
    Robyn :)

Totally in love with the glider redo. I saw one just like it a couple of years ago and I beat myself up mentally for not buying it. Now I am on glider watch cause I would like to have one also. Your colors are wonderful. Can’t go wrong with red. Enjoy it :)

Love it! Want it! So…if it’s a SWING couch does that make YOU a SWINGER?;>) xo Diana

Stopping by to say hi from the GFC blog hop last week. So glad to meet you! Looking forward to following your blog. Hope you are having a great start to the week!

Ooh, LOVE the red! And the cushions are perfect! Can I borrow it this weekend?

An amazing transformation, love the red and love the fabric!

wow what a transformation! Love the color you choose and of course the power of paint!

It’s fantastic! Great job and I just love the fabrics you chose too. I want one of these for my covered porch (which I will have some day- haha)