Make a Vertical Garden from a Pallet

I am so excited for you to see this vertical garden!  I love showing you inexpensive ways to create something beautiful and unique for your home.  Not to mention how I feel about taking someones trash and turning it into a treasure.

How to Make a Vertical Garden from a Pallet

Here’s what you will need to make a Vertical Garden from a Pallet:
  • hunky guy with a saw and a drill
  • a pallet (bet you can find lots of them on big trash day this spring)
  • paint (whatever color you prefer)
  • potting soil
  • plants
  • landscape fabric
  • staple gun
  • sander
For this vertical garden the pallet was cut down (four planks on the front and two on the back).

Paint the pallet (this pallet was painted blue and lightly sanded).

After the pallet dries completely, use a staple gun to attach landscape fabric to the back and bottom (you can purchase this at any hardware store).

Fill the pallet with lots of potting soil.

Add a variety of plants in between each plank.
Succulents look beautiful and I love the waterfall look of these petunias on top.

*Thank you to superstar and mr. superstar (hunky guy) for documenting this process for me!
Attach a plank to the bottom of your vertical garden.
Prop the garden by the pool and enjoy!
Have you ever thought about making a vertical garden?
What is your favorite pallet project?  Would you take a pallet from someone’s big trash (like I did).
Is your dentist handy?  Would he let you put pictures of him (half naked) on your blog?

*Please visit my affiliates…
I love everything from Layla Grayce
Shop at The Land of Nod for amazing kids stuff
If you are looking for wall decals visit here
Tea Collection has AWESOME clothes for women and kids

I frequently link to these great parties…

Thanks so much for getting emails from mommy is coocoo. You ROCK!

Hi, Amanda

I love how this turned out. Lovely and it seems the weather is warm over in OK. : )

Vanessa

That is just a GREAT idea, Amanda…and I LOVE the color of it, too- xo Dana

This turned out so pretty! My husband and I aren’t great at crafty stuff, unfortunately.

I love everything about it! I totally would take a discarded pallet….looking forward to seeing more spring planting pics!

This is gorgeous!! I want one–wish I knew someone handy ;) I would take anything out of someone else’s trash if I thought I could use it LOL!

What a great idea! Love this a whole lot.

Nice to meet you and visit with you this morning.

Amy

I’ve seen something similar on pinterest and wondered how it was made. Great tutorial! I love all the color in yours.

Just saw this project featured at DIY Show-off and had to come have a look! Thanks for a great tuturial on an awesome project! Happy to be following along via GFC so I don’t miss any more of your creativity!

love that! i wish i thought of using a pallet this past weekend for the window box we made. we actually had to buy wood. totally kicking myself, but impressed with your project!

Wanted to come by to say hello…it’s so very exciting to see garden posts again, winter has lasted way too long! Just wanted to let you know Fishtail Cottage’s Garden Party will be starting up again in May (Thursday May 2nd) Would love to have you come over and link up again and again! Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo, tracie

This is so cute and so creative! Just might try it! :) Stopping over from TT&J!

Yes, I have a pallet garden. I did mine a little different. It’s it not pretty like yours! I plan on posting mine soon!

I always love these! So beautiful. I’d love for you to share this at my Spring Bucket List.

Thanks for sharing, and Happy Spring!

Holli @ Full Hands, Full Hearts